Research Associate II - Chen Lab - Lung Institute
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7178748 (Ref:HRC1372286)
Posted: September 11, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research? Take action now by applying to this great opportunity!
Cedars-Sinai offers scientists unparalleled access to ground breaking technologies, facilities, and resources for conducting research related to an impressive range of diseases and disorders, from cancer, cardiology, and digestive diseases, to genetics, genomics, neurosciences, and women's health. You can continue your career journey with us!
The Chen Laboratory is unraveling basic mechanisms of lung injury and repair. Our focus is on how lung epithelial cells interact with other cellular compartments and with the extracellular matrix to regulate inflammatory cell recruitment and lung fibrosis in various cell-based and animal models.
The Research Associate II performs routine and increasingly complex laboratory tasks and procedures and develops technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects. The incumbent will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings. This position is responsible for performing a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects, observes and follows safety standards and procedures, assists in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assists in general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the design of new complex or unusual protocols and techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results.
- Assists in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
- Supports the operation of specialized equipment as required.
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-today lab operations and routine procedures.
- Bachelors Degree in a Science related field required.
Experience and Skills:
- 1 year of research laboratory experience, required.
- Experience with routine laboratory procedures and experimental protocols.
- Must possess digital literacy with Excel and Word.
Lifting, standing, walking
Working Title: Research Associate II - Chen Lab - Lung Institute
Department: Home Dept - Pulmonary
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$21.26 - $36.14