TELEMETRY TECHNICIAN PRN
Job posting number: #7152020 (Ref:hlj_46146)
Posted: June 5, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are currently looking for an Telemetry Technician to join our 3 North 22 bed surgical/telemetry oncology unit provides a dynamic working environment that cares for Postoperative Thoracic Oncology patients, and medical/surgical patients requiring telemetry.
- PRN (as needed)
- Night Shift (7:00pm-7:30 am)
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of medical terminology, including basic anatomy and physiology of the heart and conduction system.
- Ability to accurately interpret rhythm strips and recognize EKG changes. Must complete EKG Interpretation
- Knowledge Assessment Tool; administered upon hire.
- Excellent computer skills.
Telemetry Technician is responsible for continuous observation and documentation of cardiac rhythms displayed on the telemetry monitor and for identifying and reporting any cardiac arrhythmias or changes in patient's rate or rhythm.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- EKG Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Completion of a formal EKG Program
- One (1) year of experience working in a hospital or ambulatory care setting preferred.
- Two (2) years EKG interpretation preferred.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.