RN II AMBULATORY CLINIC
Job posting number: #7152019 (Ref:hlj_46142)
Posted: June 5, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center's Head and Neck Cancer Program is a uniquely specialized group offering individualized treatment for malignancies of the head and neck. We have found that our patients are some of the most grateful folks you will ever meet! We are a very close team who value one another, celebrate one another and are here to support each other. We are committed to our patients AND each other.
We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse who is interested in a Triage position to be part of our work family. This is a Monday – Friday, 8am – 430pm position that offers the flexibility to work from home once fully trained and able to demonstrate consistent performance. However, there will be times when on-site work is required. If you are reliable, energetic and genuinely interested in making a difference in the Patient’s Journey, we hope that you will consider joining our team!
- The Triage Registered Nurse uses the nursing process to effectively plan and manage patient care by providing individualized, quality nursing care to cancer patients and family members over the phone, in accordance with established Cancer Center guidelines, nursing care standards, and Moffitt Clinic policies.
- Using the concepts of Duffy's Quality Caring Model, the Triage Registered Nurse ensures calls/portal messages are answered promptly and accurately while assessing patient's urgent signs and symptoms.
- The Triage Registered Nurse provides nursing interventions, acts as a liaison with the clinical team and documents assessment and interventions in the EHR.
- Answer calls & Portal messages using Moffitt Promise Guidelines (AIDET), the quality caring factors, and the nursing process to assess the patient's issue, plan and properly evaluate the care.
- Complete, accurate and timely nursing documentation.
- Exercise clinical judgment and decision making. Recognizes emergencies and takes appropriate action.
- Identify, document and provide accurate and appropriate patient education.
- Collaborate with all team members to offer timely responses to the patient.
- Participate in evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice. Participate in professional development based on the nursing professional standards, regulatory requirements and job expectations.
The Ideal Candidate
· The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
o At least 2 years of experience in Oncology as a Registered Nurse
o Physician/Ambulatory Clinic Experience
- Call center experience
Credentials and Qualifications:
- FL RN License (BSN Preferred)
- BLS Certification
- National Certification preferred, not required
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.