Job posting number: #7151954 (Ref:ej-4236280)
Posted: June 1, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job ID: 250605
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and healthcare providers in classrooms and clinics on four campuses in Augusta and locations across the state. More than 9,000 students choose Augusta for educational opportunities at the center of Georgia's cybersecurity hub and experiential learning that blends arts and application, humanities, and the health sciences. Augusta is home to Georgia's only public academic health center, where groundbreaking research is creating a healthier, more prosperous Georgia, and world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today.
Augusta University - Our Health Sciences Campus: 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912 Our Summerville Campus: 2500 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30904
Provides independent, objective assurance and consulting activities to add value and improve the organization's operations. Evaluates and improves the effectiveness and/or risk management, control and governance processes of the Enterprise. Independently, plans, performs and leads audits focusing primarily on data access, integrity, network/systems/application security, systems development projects and internal controls. Under minimal supervision, evaluates and reports on the adequacy of general IT controls, application controls and performs pre-implementation audits, post-implementation audits, and other information system audits as required. Under minimal supervision, plans, scopes, and performs procedures for complex financial, operational, and compliance audits as well as internal control reviews. Conducts risk assessment of information technology operations and makes recommendations for annual audit plan. Performs procedures for complex audits, assesses compliance with policies/strategic initiatives, evaluates the accuracy of financial records, provides cost effective recommendations for strengthening operations and reducing costs, and interfaces with management and staff to complete special projects and initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Under minimal supervision, plans, performs and leads audits focusing primarily on data access, integrity, network/systems/application security, systems development projects and internal control reviews.
- Assists the Chief Audit Officer and audit management in the development of the audit plan by designing and executing an IS Risk Assessment.
- Assists internal auditors to plan, scope, and perform procedures for complex financial, operational, and compliance audits.
- Under minimal supervision, evaluates and reports on the adequacy of general IT controls, application controls and performs pre-implementation audits, post-implementation audits, and other information system audits as required.
- Conducts entrance and exit conferences.
- Analyzes data and assesses compliance with relevant accounting and operating policies/procedures.
- Identifies the key control points, operating deficiencies, and weaknesses of the operation under review.
- Prepares electronic work papers which accurately summarize data and support conclusions.
- Prepare audit communications to IA management and client on audit plans, status, and results.
- Signs off as preparer and approves electronic work papers of other audit team members if necessary.
- Recommends cost effective controls to address identified weaknesses.
- Appraises, or assists in appraising, the adequacy of corrective action taken by management.
- Performs follow-up of outstanding audit findings.
- Consults with management on matters of governance, risk and compliance.
- Determines and applies regulatory, laws, financial standards, policies and procedures of US, GA, BOR, AU and HS.
- Assists and coordinates with external auditors/evaluators such as BOR, State Auditors, and external audit firms.
- Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related area from an accredited college or university with two or more years of diverse IT auditing experience.
Advanced data analysis and extraction skills; proficiency in personal computing such as MS Office. Professional certification such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) strongly preferred or other information technology, governance, or risk and control certification.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrates professional proficiency and maintains a high standard of professional care when planning and executing audits by complying with the Internal Auditing Standards Board's Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards), the Institute of Internal Auditors' Code of Ethics, the Information Systems Audit and Control Association's (ISACA) Code of Ethics and Standards for IS Control Professionals, and organizational policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of ISACA's Control Objectives for Information Technology.
- Demonstrates an expert understanding of information system controls including, but not limited to, general controls and application controls such as system edits and the resulting exception reports, file integrity checks, system interface error reporting and correction processes.
- Incorporates professional standards of excellence ( collaboration, compassion, inclusiveness, innovation, integrity, and leadership) in providing quality service to patients, customers, students, staff and faculty.
- Good working knowledge and skills of audit standards, data analysis, mainframe and client/server environments, and the department's duties and responsibilities.
- Basic knowledge of regulatory laws, financial standards; and policies and procedures of US, GA, BOR, AU, MC, MA, HS.
- Knowledge of basic operations associated with networks, applications, operating systems, and desktop/mobile computing.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Shift: Days; Monday - Friday (work outside of the normal business hours will likely be required of an employee in an exempt level position)
Pay Grade: 21
Salary Minimum: $60,058/annually - Midpoint: $81,078/annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of the selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: 10/14/22 - Until Filled
Augusta University offers a variety of benefits to full-time benefits-eligible employees and some of our half-time (or more) employees.
Benefits that may be elected could include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, Teachers Retirement System (or Optional Retirement Plan), as well as earned vacation time, sick leave, and 13 paid holidays.
Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program. Consider applying with us today!
Conditions of Employment
All selected candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. If applicable for the specific position based on the duties: the candidate will also need to have a credit check completed for Positions of Trust and or approved departmental Purchase Card usage. Motor vehicle reports are required for positions that are required to drive an Augusta University vehicle. For Faculty Hires: Final candidates will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during their employment and beyond.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
How To Apply
Consider applying with us today! https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/
Select University Faculty & Staff > External Applicants if you are a candidate from outside the university
Select University Faculty & Staff > Internal Applicants if you are a current university employee
If you need further assistance, please contact us at 706-721-9365
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=250605&PostingSeq=1