Medical Technologist/ MLT/ Lab Technician IV - Blood Bank, Part Time - $2,500 Sign On Bonus
Job posting number: #7151522 (Ref:ccf18507783)
Posted: June 1, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Repairs instruments/equipment and/or initiates requests for instrument/equipment repair and/or service through vendors and/or Clinical Engineering.
- Maintains cleanliness of assigned instrumentation and/or equipment.
- Completes and maintains preventative maintenance and troubleshooting records.
- May function in an educator or consultant capacity within a medical laboratory setting.
- Provides instruction and training in theory, technical skills, safety protocols, and the application of laboratory test protocols to students, employees, residents, etc.
- Participates in and may provide continuing education and professional development for laboratory personnel.
- Participates in, and may be delegated responsibility for, decisions involving the quality control programs, continuing quality improvement programs (quality assurance), instrument and methodology selection, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, safety procedures, purchase of laboratory supplies, inventory control, test selection/utilization, computer/statistical data and database functions.
- Investigates problem areas and recommends improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a Bachelor's Degree of an accredited technology program and eligibility for certification from a recognized national certifying organization.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and theoretical knowledge sufficient to perform laboratory functions assigned.
- Required Documents: Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided. Education will be verified.
- Education outside of the United States requires diploma/transcripts translated into English and proof of foreign equivalency from a reputable agency.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Previous Lab experience preferred.
Preferred experience: position open to our current Cleveland Clinic MLS Students only.
- Physical demands include: Visual acuity to study specimens under a microscope.
- The ability to distinguish colors.
- Fine motor skills and manual dexterity to handle specimens and lab equipment required to process specimens and repair equipment.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Light lifting may be required.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, biohazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: MT, MLT, Med Lab Tech, Lab Tech, Medical Laboratory, Clinical Laboratory, Clinical Lab, Laboratory Technologist, Lab Technician, CMT, Certified Medical Technologist, CLT, Med Tech, Infection Prevention, Epidemiology, Medical Lab Scientist
As a Lab Technician IV, you will:
• Perform and interpret tests at all complexity levels.
• Correlate abnormal laboratory data with pathological states.
• Determine the validity of test results and the need for additional tests through monitoring and/or verifying quality controls, standards, etc.
• Communicate test results, reference ranges, specimen requirements and other pertinent information to authorized sources.
The ideal caregiver is someone who:
• Has a background in Medical Laboratory Science.
• Is well-organized and detail oriented.
• Thrives in a team environment.
• Is driven by providing patient-centered care.
Cleveland Clinic is offering a $2,500 sign on bonus (external new hires). This opportunity also allows you to work part-time in the evenings. You can advance your career into leadership roles such as Lead Tech, Lab Coordinator, Supervisor and Lab Quality Specialist.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.