Job posting number: #7151210 (Ref:ccf18490827)
Posted: May 30, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Transplant Coordinator, you will organize all the programs and activities for our transplant patients. In addition, you will provide education on the transplant process to patients and their support members. A Transplant Coordinator is responsible for understanding proper treatments plans for various transplant patients. Your primary duties will include:
•Evaluating potential transplant candidates.
•Arranging care during all transplant phases.
•Monitoring, recording, and communicating patients’ conditions as appropriate.
The ideal future caregiver is someone who:
•Continuously stays motivated.
•Can critically think and problem solve for patients’ best interests.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who already has organ procurement knowledge and experience but is looking to further their career while discovering Cleveland Clinic.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Assesses potential transplant candidate patient with the transplant physician
- Facilitates plan of care and symptom management per physician recommendations
- Provides education to patients and family members regarding all phases of the transplant process
- Coordinates scheduling for follow-up appointments
- Reviews and collates medical information received from referring physician for patients seeking or undergoing transplant evaluation
- Facilitates tissue typing of recipient and donor, arranges timing and collection of pre-testing prior to transplant with transplant team
- Serves as a contact person for peri-transplant evaluation for physician and patient/family and/or insurance companies
- Prepares abstract and presents case to selection committee; places patient on national waiting list for transplantation
- Coordinates all activities related to organ acquisition including evaluation of the donor workup information
- Coordinates with hospital unit personnel in the discharge of post-transplant patient and living donor patient
- Is available by pager and by phone in order to provide immediate assessment and delivery of care in a timely and cost effective manner
- Monitors post-transplant patient status (e.g. physical, emotional, complications, S&S rejection, infection) and communicates to provider appropriately
- Assesses recipient compliance with medications and treatment plan and collaborates with transplant team to initiate changes in drug/treatment plan as indicated
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Master's Degree may substitute for two years of experience.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Minimum of four years RN experience and two years’ experience with organ procurement or transplantation including disease related experience.
- Requires full range of body motion, manual finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and working irregular hours.
- Must be willing to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.