RN Homecare Float - No Weekends, No Holidays, West of I-77
Job posting number: #7147383 (Ref:ccf18468432)
Posted: May 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Home Health Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for providing high quality nursing care to patients in the comfort of their own homes. As an RN in this role, you will provide assessments, complex nursing treatments, and education to help avoid readmissions to the acute care setting. Familiarity with complex medical treatments from experience working in home care, med/surg, ICU, or the emergency department is helpful. However, Cleveland Clinic Home Care provides a generous in-depth orientation that is tailored to each individual and their experience level.
The ideal future caregiver is someone who:
- Is compassionate.
- Can adapt to change.
- Is detail oriented.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for flexibility and autonomy. Cleveland Clinic encourages professional development and offers certification pay and tuition reimbursement. You’ll be supported by a leadership team that strives to provide work-life balance for all of our caregivers.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
This is an hourly, 3 - 12s position to work 10a-10:30p for our West of I-77 service area. This is a combination position of delivering patient care in patient's homes as well as conducting supervisory visits, and working in the office as needed to monitor quality through chart auditing.
Cleveland Clinic Home Care Services is a full service home health agency dedicated to continue the World-Class Cleveland Clinic care at home. Our services include skilled nursing, physical, speech and occupational therapy as well as social work and home health aide. To find out more about our services, please visit us on the internet:
Going home with Cleveland Clinic….
- Participates in and supports quality improvement projects; participates in department and committees as assigned.
- Supervises starts of care, resumptions of care and routine visits as requested.
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Performs accurate and complete admission assessments and reassessments within specified time frame.
- Assesses patient for safety risks, abuse and neglect.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Assesses and documents patients' pain using appropriate pain scale and manages patients' pain then, prioritizes and documents patient problems based on assessed needs and problems in collaboration with patient, family and health care team.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times regarding patient condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care and interventions.
- Escalates change in patient condition to patient’s physician as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current licensure as a RN in the State of Ohio.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- Valid Ohio Driver's license upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
- Proof of automobile insurance coverage with $100,000/$300,000 coverage, upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a time-constrained environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year clinical experience as a registered nurse in an acute medical-surgical setting; infusion therapy experience preferred.
- Must be ambulatory and able to drive to patients' homes, able to climb stairs, pull, push, and facilitate movement of the patient.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate with patients.
- Must have correctable vision and correctable hearing to be able to hear normal conversations. Must be able to work in settings with infectious diseases.
- Must present a professional appearance at all times and attend staff and agency meetings, as requested.
- Heavy Work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: float, flexible, autonomous, remote, RN, home, home health, homecare, case manager
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.