RN Surgery - Float Pool
Job posting number: #7147377 (Ref:ccf18473965)
Posted: May 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the operating room (OR), you will become a part of our family and experience one of the most inclusive, well-rounded, and prosperous training programs. You will work alongside seasoned nurses who are eager to educate and coach new graduates. What to expect during your residency program:
•A successful coach will be available 24/7.
•Weekly check-ins to ensure personal and professional goals are met.
•6 months of orientation (New and experienced RNs).
•Personal assessments to determine areas for growth and opportunity.
The ideal caregiver is someone who:
•Is a team player.
•Has excellent communication skills.
•Can adapt to change.
•Has an interest in growing leadership skills.
•Can critically think and problem solve for patients’ best interests.
The RN selected for this position will be eligible for tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance, and student loan repayment as a part of our many offerings to invest in your health, well-being, and future.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- If performing moderate/procedural sedation must have Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) within 6 months of hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year RN experience preferred.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds and ability to push, pull, and navigate supply carts weighing > than 75 pounds periodically.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.