Radiation Therapy Manager
Job posting number: #7147364 (Ref:ccf18470662)
Posted: May 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Radiation Therapy Manager, you will oversee the daily operation and coordination of services; coordinate activities of the radiation therapists, technical aids and van drivers. You will also manage assigned areas to meet business goals through cost containment, improved quality service and enhanced service access.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Provides administrative and clinical supervision for therapists, transportation group, block and mold technicians.
- Assists in conducting performance evaluations.
- Monitors staff certification and current license documentation.
- Assists with radiation oncology personnel recruiting and retention.
- Oversees daily operation and coordination of services.
- Manages the patients scheduling.
- Coordinates procedures with physician schedules, availability of machines, personnel resources and other departments.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels according to ACR standards and patient volume.
- Coordinates daily radiation oncology services. Assists with departmental budget preparation.
- Assesses current practices and procedures for optimum cost effectiveness.
- Maintains patient care and equipment quality control standards.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of department operations and equipment capabilities.
- Develops and modifies departmental policies and procedures to meet standards (JCAHO, NRC and ODH).
- Participates in quality assurance standard development and monitoring.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in allied health, health care administration, or equivalent preferred.
- Graduate of a CAHEA approved School of Radiation Therapy Technology or Registry eligible.
- Must be a Board Certified Registered Radiation Therapist with current state licensure as well as a Registered Technologist in Radiation Therapy R.T.(T) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to direct and evaluate the efforts of others.
- Ability to establish cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Strong communication, leadership and problem solving skills required.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment .
- Minimum five years of progressive supervisory experience.
- Experience and training in all the latest technologies such as: External beam linear accelerators, GammaKnife, IMRT, MIMIC, MLC, BAT, Hyperthermia, Ultrasound and Prostate Implants.
- Requires frequent sitting and dexterity to perform work on a PC.
- Requires ability to walk to various locations to attend meetings.
- Must have normal or corrected vision, and the ability to verbally communicate to upper level management.
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.