Postdoctoral Associate - Dermatology
University of Pittsburgh
Job posting number: #7122350 (Ref:pt10079)
Posted: January 28, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPostdoctoral fellow will have two objectives:
1. Investigate the mechanism of neuroimmune regulation of melanoma progression.
2. Investigate the role of ferroptosis in cutaneous diseases.
Candidate will be responsible for conducting and publishing cutting-edge research, learn new experimental techniques, collaborate with other laboratories. Candidate will be expected to work independently, stay up-to-date in the field, critically assess their results and modify/develop research plan accordingly, and present their work at research conferences.
Qualifications or Expectations:
- • PhD in Biomedical or biophysical sciences (immunology, cellular/molecular biology or similar)
• Enthusiasm for science.
• Ability to think outside the box.
• Willingness to do discovery science.
- - Doing cutting-edge reseach.
- Publishing work in high-impact scientific journals.
- Presenting work at the international conferences.
- Collaborations with top researchers in other disciplines.
- Improving writing and presentation skills.
- Career development in academia or other areas.
- Applying for independent research funding
Duties or Responsibilities:
- • Generate and maintain transgenic mouse collonies.
• Utilize in vivo mouse models to test hypotheses.
• Perform analytical cellular and molecular assays to test hypotheses.
• Mentor rotation students.
• Follow where research takes you...
Application Instructions:visit join.pitt.edu and view requisition #22010151