Postdoc Positions in neuroscience or vascular biology research at the University of South Florida
Job posting number: #7090622
Posted: December 14, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionResearch Description
Two Postdoctoral associate positions are immediately available in the laboratory of Dr. Lianchun Wang in the Department of Molecular Pharmacology & Physiology and Byrd Alzheimer`s Research Center, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA. The Wang lab is interested in understanding the roles and the underlying mechanisms of heparan sulfate proteoglycan in vascular disease, Alzheimer`s disease, and cancer through big data analysis of human specimens and testing transgenic mouse and cellular models with corresponding genetic and biochemical studies.
• PhD or MD/PhD with research experience in vascular biology, neuroscience, cancer biology, or cell biology.
• Research experience in molecular biology, RNAseq, NanoString, primary cell culture, and confocal imaging are a plus.
• Strong first-author publication.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English.
• Independent and self-motivated to work in a highly interactive and collaborative scientific environment.
How to Apply:
Send a single PDF document that includes all of the following to [email protected]:
• 1-page letter of application outlining your background and specific interest.
• Current CV
• Three recent reference contact information
The University of South Florida (USF) is a high-impact global research university. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News and World Report's national university rankings than USF. In 2021 US News, the University of South Florida is ranked No. 48 in Best Medical Schools: Research and No. 69 in Best Medical Schools. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of your career. USF offers a first-class benefits package that includes medical, dental, and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition programs, and generous leave programs, and more.