Radiology Technologist Surgery
Mayfield Heights, OH
Job posting number: #7087449 (Ref:16607499744)
Posted: October 20, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Performs Radiology exams and Fluoroscopic procedures on patients of all ages. Maintains patients' safety.
- Performs ED/surgical procedures (trauma cases, fluoroscopic exams to include vascular, general medicine, ortho, cardiac, GI, GU, neuro, pediatrics, and general procedures).
- Produces images of optimal quality for interpretation with accuracy and without delay.
- Performs procedures in a sterile environment and maintains patient safety at all times.
- Provides verbal and written instructions to patients and families on procedures as needed.
- Assist in scheduling patients. Monitors and determines priority of patients.
- Ensures patients' safety and comfort during and after the exam.
- Demonstrates the care and operation of Radiography equipment according to technical specifications and applications.
- Assists Radiologists, physicians and surgeons with procedures.
- Knowledgeable in acquiring, archiving, transmitting, and printing images via PACS.
- When applicable, knowledge in after hours transmission of images and appropriate paperwork.
- Immediately reports any malfunctions to the help desk and PACS Administrator.
- Knowledgeable in billing via RIS.
- Maintains documentation requirements to ensure that all technical data is entered timely and accurately.
- Notifies management and takes proper action to address equipment malfunctions.
- Provides instruction/mentoring to new hires and Radiology students.
- Continually strives to learn new technical information and skills through attendance of periodic in-service programs and participation in professional affiliation sessions.
- May be required to rotate through all diagnostic imaging modalities and locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), in good standing.
- Current state licensure (RL) required prior to employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Complexity of Work:
- Knowledge of anatomy and related pathologic processes.
- Ability to communicate well with Radiologists and physicians to coordinate proper imaging of patients.
- Strong communication skills are essential to provide excellent care to patients and families.
- Ability to function well in minimal or no direct supervision.
- Minimum one year experience as a General Radiologic Technologist is preferred.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying weight and manipulate equipment daily.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.