REMOTE Sr. Hospitality / Restaurant Operations & Contracts Spec
Job posting number: #7087000 (Ref:10013063)
Posted: October 12, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionAbout City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
**This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. Candidate may sit in any of the 48 States. Must be willing to travel to our Durate, CA campus on occasion**
Performs duties of a complex, technical, and/or specialized nature to support department function. Works independently and has a detailed knowledge of the department's activities and procedures. Assists management with administration of Hospitality and Food and Beverage management program, including staffing, service delivery and program quality for the Duarte Campus, Community Practice sites, Orange County and other Enterprise locations as needed. Has detailed understanding of hospitality and food management strategies and service contracting. Performs research, analyzes data, and makes recommendations on services and prepares management reports. Assists management through budget and expense monitoring, development of policies and procedures, and oversees work of and/or delegates work to clerical staff. Serves as resource to staff and customers
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assists management with oversight of the hospitality and food and beverage management program, including contractor monitoring, general operations, service delivery, and procurement. Reviews and monitors quality and accuracy of data that is used for compliance, accreditation, and operational/financial purposes.
- Performs research and analysis on support options and makes recommendations to customers; Participates in or directly negotiates pricing and service levels with contractors; Manages master services and multi-unit/multi-department equipment service contracts, including monitoring contract performance.
- Procures or participates in the procurement of equipment service contracts and for Hospitality and Food and Beverage operations, projects, and services in general.
- Coordinates services, resolves contract performance issues, and provides customer support. Assists management in resolving customer service issues. Develops and implements specific customer equipment management programs to meet compliance or other operational needs.
- Analyzes data and performs research for department programs and makes recommendations to management, including opportunities for improvement in services and cost-savings. Creates management reports, those required for other City of Hope departments, or regulatory agencies.
- Contributes to the development of section budgets, monitors and tracks expenditures. Ensures proper payments/credits related to department function. Reviews and approves expenditures within signature authority level.
- Delegates work to clerical staff and provides direction and guidance; Resolves process or procedural issues to ensure operational needs are met. Coordinates/prioritizes workflow. Assists management with personnel matters
- Develop and maintain department website; Provides application/technical support to department staff, including those related to software usage.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and/or special projects at the department level or those related to equipment management hospital wide.
- Other duties as assign
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least five years of diversified, advanced level or specialized administrative or hospitality experience in a hospitality, high-end restaurant, hospital, or business support setting.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record for insurance purposes.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Understanding of hospitality management, administration of computerized maintenance management systems, contract and procurement processes in healthcare and research institutions, hotels or executive political environment (Governor's Mansion, White House) preferred.
To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Oct 11, 2021
- Job Field: Business Services
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.