Medical Assistant Green Primary Care
Job posting number: #7085627 (Ref:138347)
Posted: September 18, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Under the direct supervision of the physician, Registered Nurse, or the Office Manager, the Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing care for patients.
- Prepares patients for examination and instructs patients in collection of samples and tests. Assures completion of patient histories. Obtains vital signs. Maintains timely flow of patients.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment, prepares exam rooms and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Observes, records, and reports patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physician.
- Administers prescribed medications as directed.
- Collaborates with scheduling staff and physician(s) in the coordination of appointment scheduling. Ensures timely treatment of patients in acute and emergency situations.
- Answers the telephone promptly and courteously, screens calls, takes messages, provides information and follows up on patient issues in a timely manner.
- Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Prepares patient charts, Posts tests and examination results.
- Schedules patient appointments, diagnostic testing, admissions and procedures ordered by the physician.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing.
- Requires Licensed Practical Nurse - State of Employment (LPN)
- Requires Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (BLS)
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Knowledge of the principles and skills needed for practical nursing to provide patient care and treatment.
- Knowledge of examination diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- Skill in maintaining records and writing reports.
- One year physician practice experience preferred.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.