Assay Development Technologist
Bar Harbor, ME
Job posting number: #7074417 (Ref:JAX28135)
Posted: January 25, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Transgenic Genotyping Service (TGS) is seeking an Assay Development Technologist on our Bar Harbor, Maine campus!
- Wet lab work to produce data for assay validation requisitions.
- Daily communication with Manager or Validation Team Lead regarding results.
- Quality control (QC) activities as determined by the QC Team.
- Support of other TGS validation team activities as needed.
- Strong working knowledge of mouse molecular genetics and genotyping that would normally be acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology or closely related discipline and one (1) or more years of successful experience working in a position where performing PCR genotyping of transgenic and targeted mutant mouse strains was a primary responsibility
- Excels in a fast paced environment and problem solving, producing consistent high quality work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, team-oriented environment, while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Knowledge of college level Mendelian genetics that can be obtained through a genetics course at an accredited college or university
- Thorough understanding of all of the molecular biology techniques performed in TGS.
- Proven experience in performing, troubleshooting and resolving challenging PCR assays.
- Ability to read and interpret primary scientific literature.
- Daily effective, professional communication with TGS management and staff.
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office applications, including ability to create, update, manipulate and maintain complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail.
Please submit a cover letter of interest and a resume!
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,300 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory's 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views, and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY - Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE - Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM - Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE - Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION - Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP - Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
Employment will require successful completion of references, background check, and a pre-employment physical.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about career opportunities at JAX: http://www.jax.org/careers.