PROFESSOR AND CHAIR FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF NURSING SYSTEMS
Job posting number: #7071645
Posted: October 30, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Description:
The College of Nursing at the University of Central Florida (UCF) invites applications for a 12-month, tenured professor position to serve as chair for the Department of Nursing Systems. The selected candidate will provide academic and administrative leadership and bring experiential, academic and research expertise commensurate with the position. This position has an anticipated start date in Spring 2021 (negotiable).
AHSC-College of Nursing, Department of Nursing Systems
Type of Appointment:
Advertised Annual Salary:
- An earned doctorate in Nursing from an accredited institution by the date of hire, or a
doctorate in a related discipline from an accredited institution with an earned master's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution,
- Eligible for appointment at the rank of professor with tenure,
- Successful leadership and/or administrative experience in a university setting,
- A focused program of research and scholarly activity that complements existing college research foci,
- Eligible for RN licensure in Florida and compact states.
- A proven leader with experience in management of human resources, budget, academic and clinical programming, and accreditation standards,
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
- Sustained record of research and extramural funding,
- National reputation in area of expertise,
- Experience in teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate level,
- Experience in inter-professional education.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Additional Application Materials Required:
UCF requires all applications and supporting documents be submitted electronically through the Human Resources website at www.ucf.edu/jobs. In addition to the online application, candidates must also submit a cover letter, CV, and the contact information for three (3) professional references.
Note: A cover letter, a current curriculum vitae, and a document listing the phone numbers and email addresses for the minimum of three (3) professional references are required attachments for this application. Please have all documents ready when applying so that they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later time.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Ms. Carey Ann Morales, search manager, at Carey.Morales@ucf.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.