Research Associate I_Immunology
Job posting number: #7071620 (Ref:hlj_27902)
Posted: October 30, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Research Associate Position in adoptive immunotherapy - Abate-Daga Lab.
The Abate-Daga lab is interested in the development of cellular immunotherapies for solid tumors, and in the systematic analysis of the immunobiology of genetically-modified T cells.
- Laboratory technician position in a basic and translational research team.
- Opportunity to gain experience in the vibrant field of cancer immunotherapy.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A motivated individual looking to expand their technical skill set while contributing to the development of novel therapies for cancer.
- Basic molecular biology, PCR, and tissue culture experience required.
- Experience with laboratory animals will be valued, but not required.
- The new recruit will be in charge of providing technical support in molecular cloning, sterile culture of tumor cells and T lymphocytes, and in experiments involving mouse models.
- The successful applicant will also be tasked with placing orders, keeping an inventory of consumables, and other lab management activities.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is required.
- Hands-on research experience required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.