Clinical Research Education Specialist
Job posting number: #7071526 (Ref:hlj_27830)
Posted: October 29, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Clinical Research Unit is looking for a Clinical Research Education Specialist.
- Serves as a nursing and clinical research resource during study start-up and implementation of phase of the trial related to the development and oversight of the Clinical Research Unit (CRU) order sets.
- Collaborates with CRU staff to identify needs, then plan, develop, deliver and evaluate educational offerings to meet those needs as they relate to clinical research trials.
- Identify strategies to improve quality of patient care, develop and disseminate new knowledge as it relates to clinical research.
- Assume a leadership role in the development and revision of departmental standards, guidelines and organizational polices.
- Plans and coordinates nursing orientation, oncology technician/medical assistant orientation. Organizes new study in services for nursing staff.
- Implements principles of adult learning, instructional design and presentation in planning, development and delivery of educational offerings.
- Establishes mechanisms to identify and prioritize educational needs based on study start up dates, polices, and study requirements. Recommends new educational programs based on assessment of need, availability of new studies and protocol requirements.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree nursing education
- Three (3) years of relevant nursing experience
- Oncology experience
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.